Are you trying to send email alias security group using Send Email Action SharePoint Online with help of SharePoint designer workflow?
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
Well this is design behavior of SharePoint Online and it doesn’t validate the AD Azure security group due to security enhancement and shows below error message while configuring in Send Email Action.
“The selected user(s) may not be valid on the site this workflow is published on. If a recipient is not a valid SharePoint user, he or she will not receive workflow emails.”
So let’s talk about solution approach.
1. Create SP group and add the email alias (Security group) to the group and configure the SharePoint group in Send Email Action.
2. The functionality still works fine in SharePoint 2010 workflow templates and you can use SharePoint 2010 workflow for Send email functionality. Call SharePoint 2010 workflow from SharePoint 2013 workflow for Send email functionality.
Read some SharePoint 2013 workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint online Send email in visual studio 2015 workflow using Email Workflow Activitity
- Deploy sharepoint 2013 designer workflow into production in SharePoint online
- Three State Workflow in SharePoint with Example
Hope this will be helpful.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)