This SharePoint customization tutorial helps to solve one issue which comes when we are trying to create a subsite under a subsite in SharePoint 2013. While working on a migration project, we saw whenever we try to create a subsite under a particular subsite we were not able to see all the available templates in the Template Selection section.
The site templates were missing while creating nested subsites in SharePoint 2013 site. Only we were able to see the Publishing tab in it which looks like below:
Solution to site templates missing in SharePoint 2013 Subsite
In our case, we were trying to create a subsite under a particular subsite in SharePoint 2013. We follow the below approach to solve the issue.
Open that particular SharePoint 2013 site settings page. Click on “Page layouts and site templates” under the “Look and Feel” section. Then select “Subsites can use any site template” under “Subsite Templates” as shown in the fig below:
Click Save and after that, you will be able to see all the templates like below:
You may like following SharePoint Online site template tutorials:
- How to find which template is used for a site in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Retrieve all site templates using PowerShell and server object model in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Blank Site Template missing in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Site Template ID List for PowerShell
- SharePoint 2013 Developer Site Template overview
- Activate Group Work Site Template in SharePoint 2013
- Differences between site definition and site template in SharePoint 2010
Hope this will be helpful to display all site templates while creating site in SharePoint 2013.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: