In this post we will discuss how we can resolve automated Email Notification issue in SharePoint 2013.
Unable to receive automated Email Notification + (Send e-mail when ownership is assigned) not working.
Unable to receive Email Notification from SharePoint.
“Immediate Alert” timer job was not working probably.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials below:
- SharePoint 2016 crud operations using Rest API and jQuery on SharePoint list or document library
- Get Subsites in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation FREE PDF guide
Clearing the configuration cache.
To clear the config cache on the farm, follow these steps:
– Stop the OWSTIMER service on ALL of the MOSS servers in the farm.
– On the Index server, navigate to:
Server 2003 location:
Drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\GUID and delete all the XML files from the directory.
– Server 2008 location:
Drive:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\GUID and delete all the XML files from the directory.
– Delete all the XML file in the directory. NOTE: ONLY THE XML FILES, NOT THE .INI FILE.
– Open the cache.ini with Notepad and reset the number to 1. Save and close the file.
– Start the OWSTIMER service on the Index server and wait for XML files to begin to reappear in the directory.
– After you see XML files appearing on the Index server, repeat steps 2, 3 & 4 on each query server, waiting for XML files to appear before moving to subsequent servers.
– After all of the query servers have all been cleared and new .xml files have been generated, proceed to the WFE and Application servers in the farm, following steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 for each remaining server.
HAPPY SHAREPOINT !!!
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: