Recently while trying to open my QA server SharePoint designer workflow I got this error. The full error message is “Unable to load workflow actions from the server. Please contact your server administrator error in SharePoint 2010.”
But in Dev server, I am able to open the workflow and I only did a back and restore from my dev server to QA server. But faced the issue.
There may be some solution that is deployed and activated at the Farm level as well as the site collection level.
We need to remove the duplicate solution that is activated in the Site collection level solution gallery.
Follow the below steps to fix error Unable to load workflow actions from the server
Open Farm Level Solutions (Central Administration):
Browse to SharePoint 2010 Central administration ->Click System Settings ->Click Manage Farm Solutions. (Open in one browser window)
Site Collection Level Solutions:
Open your SharePoint Site collection -> Click Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Solutions (under Gallery Section). (Open in another browser window)
Now check in both the solutions, if there are any solutions which are activated in both the scopes (Farm as well as Site collection). If you found anything then DeActivate the solution from the Site Collection level.
Once the check is over, Restart SharePoint designer 2010, it should work now.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Create reusable workflow in SharePoint designer 2010
- Create a list workflow using SharePoint designer 2010
- How to create HTML email message in SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow?
- Change URL of List or document Library using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Create approval workflow in SharePoint designer 2010
- SharePoint Designer 2010 Workflow Email Link To Edit Item or Display Item
- Unable to process the request. Wait a few minutes and try performing this operation again
- SharePoint Designer cannot display the item error while trying to edit workflow using SharePoint 2013 designer
- Register-SPWorkflowService Workflow XAML failed validation due to the following errors
- Workflow failed to start cancelled by system account SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016 workflow manager error Service FabricHostSvc was not found on Computer
- SharePoint 2013: Logs for Analyzing or troubleshooting the issues related to workflows or Workflow Manager
- The activity named WorkflowXaml_GUID from scope was not found
- Register SPWorkflowService Failed to query the OAuth S2S metadata endpoint at URI error while configuring workflow manager in SharePoint 2016
- How to cancel all workflows from one List in SharePoint using PowerShell?
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to fix the error, Unable to load workflow actions from the server. Please contact your server administrator error in SharePoint 2010 designer workflow.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.