Tags: Unable to create or access workbook cache, sharepoint 2013 unable to create or access workbook cache, sharepoint 2010 unable to create or access workbook cache, sharepoint 2016 unable to create or access workbook cache, Excel Services Application is unable to function without a workbook cache Event ID 5226, excel services application is unable to function without a workbook cache
In this post, we will discuss how to resolve an error which says: Unable to create or access workbook cache at c:\Windows\Temp\Excel Server\FileCache\<GUID>\Ranges. Excel Services Application is unable to function without a workbook cache.
The error looks like below:
The account that runs the application pool in which Excel Services Application runs might not have permissions to create a directory on the Excel Services Application server computer.
To fix this issue,
1. Go to your server and navigate parent folder %windir%temp folder
2. Right-click over temp folder select properties and select security Tab over properties dialog box
3. Find WSS_WPG(server\WSS_WPG) by Scroll down group and usernames
4. Click on edit and select WSS_WPG(server\WSS_WPG)and give full permission which has read and execute permissions on the Temp folder
Read some SharePoint tutorials:
- InfoPath Forms Services forms cannot be filled out in a Web browser
- SharePoint error Unable to reach excel calculation services error event id 5231
- We could not refresh the table resources from connection odata resources data
- import excel spreadsheet into SharePoint list 2013
5. Give ok and close that, now the problem will get fixed.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: