In this post we will discuss how to resolve an error which says: Unable to create or access workbook cache at c:\Windows\Temp\Excel Server\FileCache\<GUID>\Ranges. Excel Services Application is unable to function without a workbook cache.
The error looks like below:
Also you can read:
– Excel Add-in to publish and sync Excel tables to SharePoint Online or On Premise Lists
– The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import
– The workbook cannot be opened error in sharepoint 2013
The account that runs the application pool in which Excel Services Application runs might not have permissions to create a directory on the Excel Services Application server computer.
To fix this issue,
1. Go to your server and navigate parent folder %windir%temp folder
2. Right click over temp folder select properties and select security Tab over properties dialog box
3. Find WSS_WPG(server\WSS_WPG) by Scroll down group and user names
4. Click on edit and select WSS_WPG(server\WSS_WPG)and give full permission which has read and execute permissions on the Temp folder
5. Give ok and close that, now problem will get fix.