This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to resolve the issue which we get while trying to debug website in visual studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013.
Recently when I click on debug button it gave me the below error in the dialog box. The error comes as:
Unable to connect to the configured development web server.
Failed to register URL “http://localhost:1635” for site “site name” application “/”. Error Description: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (0x80070029)
It looks like below:
Unable to connect to the configured development web server
I try restarting the visual studio 2013, but it did not help me out. Still, the same error came.
Then I restart the machine to resolve the issue.
I restarted the machine and then open visual studio and try debugging. It worked fine.
You may like following SharePoint visual studio 2013 tutorials:
- How to use asp.net repeater control in SharePoint 2013 using Visual Studio 2013?
- Create a web part page using visual studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013
- Create and Deploy SharePoint 2013 site pages or content pages using Visual Studio 2013
- How to create site definition using Visual Studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013
- Create List Definition and List Instance in SharePoint 2013/2016 using Visual Studio 2013/2015/2016
Hope this will be helpful to resolve error Unable to connect to the configured development web server.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.