Unable to connect to the configured development web server error in visual studio 2013
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to resolve the issue which we get while trying to debug website in visual studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013.
Recently when I click on debug button it gave me the below error in the dialog box. The error comes as:
Unable to connect to the configured development web server.
Failed to register URL “http://localhost:1635” for site “site name” application “/”. Error Description: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (0x80070029)
It looks like below:
Unable to connect to the configured development web server
I try restarting the visual studio 2013, but it did not help me out. Still, the same error came.
Then I restart the machine to resolve the issue.
I restarted the machine and then open visual studio and try debugging. It worked fine.
You may like following SharePoint visual studio 2013 tutorials:
- How to use asp.net repeater control in SharePoint 2013 using Visual Studio 2013?
- Create a web part page using visual studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013
- Create and Deploy SharePoint 2013 site pages or content pages using Visual Studio 2013
- How to create site definition using Visual Studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013
- Create List Definition and List Instance in SharePoint 2013/2016 using Visual Studio 2013/2015/2016
Hope this will be helpful to resolve error Unable to connect to the configured development web server.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.