In this post we will discuss how to troubleshoot and get actual error message in SharePoint 2013. Basically this technique will be helpful if you are getting something errors like “File not found.” Here we will do some modification in the web.config file for the particular web application.
You may also read:
– Implement Custom Promoted Actions Delegate Control in SharePoint 2013
– Generate userprofile information PowerShell Script SharePoint 2013
– Unfollow SharePoint Online Site you are following
Follow below steps:
First navigate to the below directory:
In this directory we will modify the web.config file. Before modifying anything in the web.config make sure to take a backup of the web.config file.
Then open the config file in Notepad or Notepad++.
– First search for “CallStack” and set it to true like CallStack=”true”.
– Then search for “customerrors” and set to off like customerrors=”Off”
– Then search for “debug” and make it to “true” like debug=”true”
Then Save your web.config file and you will be able to see the actual error message when you will refresh the browser.
But make sure to revert back and checking the exact error message.
Hope this will be helpful.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: