This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how too much customization is not helpful for SharePoint.
SharePoint 2010 provider different ways to fit the client requirement. First analyze the requirements and create an excel sheet depends on requirements(T-Shirt type requirement analysis).T-Shirt type requirement analysis means to fit the requirements in Out of box and Customization(Small, Medium, Large) section.
Suppose client want to fetch data from SAP or other systems. There are 2 ways to solve this requirement.
- Using Business database connectivity service
- Do custom coding.
Always prefer the first option. Try to avoid unnecessary customization.
I mean to say try to fit requirements in Out Of Box Functionality.
Before starting the coding analyses requirements.
T-Shirt type requirement analysis
Like as this way analyze all requirements .T-shirt type requirement analysis helpful for calculate efforts require for development.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Enable breadcrumb navigation in SharePoint
- SPSecurityTrimmedControl in SharePoint
- Web Part life cycle in SharePoint 2010
- Add custom web part to page layout in SharePoint
- Sandboxed solutions in SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2010 create new custom master page using SharePoint designer 2010
- How to use WebProvisioned event in SharePoint 2010?
- Correlation ID in SharePoint
- Deploy SharePoint 2010 solution(.wsp) package using Powershell
- SharePoint Development Best Practices
- Create Visual Web Part using Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010
- Failed to read from or write to database SharePoint
- The property or field Url has not been initialized
Working at WM Pvt. Ltd in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, Workflow, Infopath, Webpart ,Reports,POWERVIEW,Event Receiver and BDC
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.