In this post, we will discuss how we can reduce SharePoint_Config_Log file size in SharePoint 2010. This is the issue which SharePoint Server administrators face while maintaining their SharePoint farm is while maintenance, the free space of the drive where SQL is stored comes down.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
This is because of the SharePoint log file size increasing. This leads to performance issues on those servers.
The “SharePoint_Config_Log” file increases rapidly, due to various operations in different SharePoint sites. As a result, it affects the performance of the SharePoint server which is associated with the SharePoint_Config database.
Steps to Back up the Sharepoint log file:
1. Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 -> SQL Server Management Studio -> Connect to the Configuration database SQL Server
2. Then Select New Query
3. Type the following Query:
BACKUP LOG [Sharepoint2010_Config] TO DISK=’D:\LogBackup.bak’
4. Click Execute.
Steps to Shrink the Sharepoint log file:
1. Clear the query or open another query tab and enter the next command
2. Type the following Query:
DBCC SHRINKFILE (‘SharePoint2010_Config_log’ , 200)
Note: Here I am setting the log file size as 200MB.
3. Click Execute.
Then check your DB size now.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- Powershell script to copy column items for one column to another column within the list
- PowerShell commands for scheduling user profile timer job
- Configure Managed Paths in SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2016 Open HTML File in Browser Instead of Promoting to Download
Hope this will be helpful.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)