This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to fix the error “This workbook is larger than the maximum workbook size allowed to be opened in the browser“.
Whenever client wanted to open the attached Excel file from a discussion board. He gets the below error.
This workbook is larger than the maximum workbook size allowed to be opened in the browser.
By default the Maximum workbook upload size allowed in SharePoint is 10mb (this was 100mb in 2007 environment) increase this to 50 MB the issue goes away.
How to do this:
- In Central Administration, in Application Management, click Manage service applications.
- Click Excel Services Application.
- Click Trusted File Locations.
- Click the location. This will be an added trusted file location for the site collection or a new file location.
- Scroll to Workbook Properties.
- In Maximum Workbook Size, increase the file size from 10 to 50
Reference Article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/ff487972.aspx
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Deploy SharePoint 2010 solution(.wsp) package using Powershell
- SharePoint 2010 Site Customization Examples
- SharePoint sitemap provider example
- Hide attach file from SharePoint custom list form
- InfoPath 2010 Tutorial and Examples
- Page Viewer Web Part in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Blob Cache in SharePoint Tutorial
- Dataview webpart in SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2013 PowerShell Commands
Applies to: SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2013.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.