This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to solve This workbook contains one or more queries that refresh external data. A malicious user can design a query to access confidential information and distribute it to other users or perform other harmful actions warning message which comes in SharePoint.
Sometime in SharePoint you will get excel work book gave warning message like below:
This workbook contains one or more queries that refresh external data. A malicious user can design a query to access confidential information and distribute it to other users or perform other harmful actions.
If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes to enable queries to external data in this workbook. If you are not sure, click No so that changes are not applied to your workbook.
Do you want to enable queries to external data in this workbook?
The reason behind this is Excel Services is configured to warn on data refresh.
This workbook contains one or more queries that refreshing the external data
Open SharePoint 2010 central administration, then go to Application Management
Then click on Manage service applications.
Then from the list of service applications, select Excel Service.
Then Click on Trusted File Location in Excel services application page.
Next Select http:// link Excel Services Application Trusted File Location.
In the Excel Services Application Edit Trusted File Location page, clear “Warn on data refresh” checkbox in External Data section and click on Ok.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Excel Service to import SSAS Cubes and Generating Pivot tables in SharePoint BI
- Excel Service to import External DB Using Secure Store connection
- Unable to create or access workbook cache. Excel Services Application is unable to function without a workbook cache Event ID 5226
- Configure the Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013
- The workbook cannot be opened because it is not stored in excel services SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint error Unable to reach excel calculation services error event id 5231
- SharePoint 2013 There was an error in communicating with Excel Calculation Services error while opening excel file in browser
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis Services Database. Contact Administrator SharePoint Business Intelligence (BI) services
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to resolve his workbook contains one or more queries that refresh external data which comes in SharePoint.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)