This SharePoint tutorial explains how to fix the error, this workbook cannot be edited because it contains the following features which come when you try to open an excel document in SharePoint 2010/2013.
The full error message is:
This workbook cannot be edited because it contains the following features: Comments, Shapes, or other objects.
To edit this workbook, open the workbook for viewing, select Save a Copy from the File tab, and edit the new copy.
this workbook cannot be edited because it contains the following features
This is a suggestion rather than a solution.
You could change the setting on the Document Library to open the files in the client application instead of opening via the web app.
Follow the below steps to do this:
Go to the Library setting, then click on Advanced settings from the General Settings as shown in the fig below:
Then in the Advanced Settings page, Go to “Opening Documents in the Browser” section and there you can select the Open in the client application radio button as shown in the fig below:
Next time it will open the file in the client application like an office.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Excel Service to import SSAS Cubes and Generating Pivot tables in SharePoint BI
- Excel service to import external database using secure store connection in SharePoint
- We could not refresh the table resources from connection odata resources data
- Publishing and Synchronizing Excel tables to SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Lists using Excel Add-in
- The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import SharePoint 2016
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to solve this workbook cannot be edited because it contains the following features error in SharePoint.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com