In this tutorial, we will discuss how to fix an error, this web site has been configured to disallow editing with sharepoint designer 2013. We will see how to enable SharePoint designer for SharePoint site collection from SharePoint central administration.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
As we know using SharePoint designer 2013, we can do many things in SharePoint like Create Master Page, Create Layouts, Create a WorkFlow using SharePoint designer 2013, etc. So sometimes we faced some issues to connect with SharePoint designer.
Sometimes, we may face an error like this web site has been configured to disallow editing with sharepoint designer. It looks like below:
So here is one solution, make sure you have enabled the SharePoint designer settings in SharePoint Central Administration.
I got this error while trying to Open a SharePoint Server 2019 site collection using SharePoint Designer 2013.
You can follow the below steps for enabling the SharePoint designer settings in SharePoint Central Administration.
Step 1: Go to your start menu -> Search SharePoint 2019 Central Administration.
Step 2: Next go to General Application Settings -> Next go to SharePoint Designer settings.
Step 4: Next enable the below option as same as the below screenshot and click on Ok. Here, you can check the Enable SharePoint Designer checkbox.
Next, go to the SharePoint designer and try to connect. It will work.
Note: Overall, a user needs to be a member of one of the following groups at the site collection level to be able to use SharePoint Designer and modify SharePoint content:
- Site Collection Administrators
Now, we will see how to enable SharePoint designer settings using PowerShell.
$webAppDesigner = Get-SPWebApplication -Identity http://SP2019Site.com $webAppDesigner.AllowDesigner = $true $webAppDesigner.AllowRevertFromTemplate = $true $webAppDesigner.AllowMasterPageEditing = $true $webAppDesigner.ShowURLStructure = $true $webAppDesigner.Update()
You may like following SharePoint designer tutorials:
- The document library view cannot be displayed for this web site error in SharePoint Designer 2013
- Create and Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow into Production
- Create a custom list and view in SharePoint designer 2013
- How to Clear Your SharePoint Designer 2013/2010 Cache?
- SharePoint Designer cannot display the item error while trying to edit workflow using SharePoint 2013 designer
- The web server at site collection URL does not appear to have Microsoft SharePoint Foundation installed error in SharePoint designer 2013
- The server could not complete your request SharePoint designer 2013
- Add custom action button in List ribbon using SharePoint designer 2013
In this tutorial, we learned how to fix error, this web site has been configured to disallow editing with sharepoint designer 2013.
Also, we checked how to enable SharePoint designer settings using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016/2019.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.