This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss, how to solve the issue which comes while trying to open the user profile service application in SharePoint 2013. The issue comes as This user profile application connection is currently not available SharePoint 2013/2016.
Recently we created a user profile application in SharePoint 2013 on-premise site. And when we click on the user profile application I am getting an error and from the correlation id, it says that.
User Profile Application’s connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or User Profile Service may not have been started. Please contact your administrator.
This user profile application connection is currently not available SharePoint 2013
Below are the solutions you can try to solve This user profile application connection is currently not available SharePoint 2013.
- Check whether User Profile Service and User Profile Synchronization Service are running or not. Open SharePoint 2013 Central Administration, then click on Manager services on the server which is under System Settings. Then check if both the services are running or not.
- Then check out in services.msc, whether the below two services are running or not.
- Forefront Identity Manager Service.
- Forefront Identity Manager Service Synchronization
If both services are not running then run the services.
Then we have seen that the application pool is not created. So we have changed the service account to a farm account.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Create Managed Metadata Service Application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Get Service Applications using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Delete Corrupted Service Applications in SharePoint 2013
- User Profile service application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Configure search service application sharepoint 2013/2016 step by step
- Configure Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Self-Service Site Collection in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Install and configure SQL server reporting services (SSRS) in SharePoint 2013/2016
- User profile synchronization service stuck on starting SharePoint 2013/2016
- UserProfileDBCache_WCFLogging ProfileDBCacheServiceClient.GetUserData threw exceptionObject reference not set to an instance of an object
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis Services Database Contact Administrator in PowerPivot in SharePoint BI services
- The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available SharePoint 2013
Here we learned how to solve This user profile application connection is currently not available SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.