In this post we will discuss how we can resolve the issue which comes while trying to open user profile service application in SharePoint 2013. Recently we created a user profile application for our SharePoint 2013 on premise site. And when we click on the user profile application I am getting error and from the correlation id it says that.
User Profile Application’s connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or User Profile Service may not have been started. Please contact your administrator
Also read: Testing SharePoint 2016 or 2013 or SharePoint Online REST API using Postman
Below are the solutions you can try:
– Check whether User Profile Service and User Profile Synchronization Service are running or not. Open SharePoint 2013 Central Administration, then click on Manager services on server which is under System Settings. Then check if both the services are running or not.
– Then check in services.msc, whether the below two services are running or not.
– Forefront Identity Manager Service.
– Forefront Identity Manager Service Synchronization
If both services are not running then run the services.
– Then we have seen that the application pool is not created. So we have changed the service account to a farm account.
Hope this will be useful.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.