Through this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to resolve the error “This tab has been recovered, a problem with this page caused internet explorer to close and reopen this tab”.
Full Error Message:
This tab has been recovered, a problem with this page caused internet explorer to close and reopen this tab.
Some of the users have reported that while using the SharePoint sites with IE8 they are getting above error message. Based on the above grounds we started with the basic troubleshooting such as.
– Checked the Excel file to open from SharePoint site, causing the error.
– Checked to open another file from SharePoint site, causing the error.
– Downloaded the file from the SharePoint to local machine and tried to open them, no issues found.
– This seems to be an issue with IE as all the files are being blocked not only Excel files.
Use Internet Explorer (IE) by temporarily disable all add-ons. You can do this by following the steps below.
– Click the Start button and select click All Programs,
– Click Accessories and then click on System Tools,
– Click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
– If the above method didn’t work then, optimize IE using the below steps.
– Clear cached data in Internet Explorer
– Open Internet Explorer 8.
– Click Safety, and then click Delete Browsing History.
– In Delete Browsing History area, click Delete.
– Reset security settings for Internet Explorer
– Open Internet Explorer.
– Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
– Click the Security tab.
– Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK.
– Tried to open the sites and they are opening fine.