This SharePoint 2010 tutorial, we will discuss how to solve This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm error which comes while opening a SharePoint site or SharePoint 2010 central administration.
This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm
Recently while opening my SharePoint 2010 central administration site, I got the below error which says:
This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm by users who have permissions in SQL Server to read from the configuration database. To connect this server to the server farm, use the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, located on the Start menu in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.
You can follow the below steps to solve the issue.
There might be the reason that the MSSQLSERVER service may be stopped.
So you can check like below:
Go to Start -> run -> services.msc -> then check SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service.
If it is already stopped then Right-click on it and click on Start like below:
You may like following SharePoint 2010 tutorials:
- How to use WebProvisioned event in SharePoint 2010?
- Disadvantages of external lists in BCS Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2013/2010
- What exactly happens when we do F5 in Visual Studio 2010 in SharePoint 2010?
- How to use Language Integrated Query (LINQ) in SharePoint 2013/2010
- SPSecurityTrimmedControl in SharePoint 2013/2010
- How to display or show breadcrumbs in SharePoint 2010?
- Add a custom web part to the page layout in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Web Part life cycle in SharePoint 2010
- How to create a flyout menu in sharepoint 2010
- Sandboxed solutions in SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2010 create a new custom master page using SharePoint designer 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 tutorial
This SharePoint tutorial we learned how to fix This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm error which comes in SharePoint 2010.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.