This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to solve an error This field must be indexed to enforce unique values that come while adding a content type to list in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
After that, we added those site columns to the content type. Then when we add those content types to any list the below error comes. The error message says: “This field must be indexed to enforce unique values”.
Edit the managed metadata site column and then change the “Enforce unique values: ” to Yes like below:
After this, we were able to attach content type to list.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Extract term store in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
- Apply term sets as Global Navigation in SharePoint site using PowerShell and CSOM
- Create an index in SharePoint Online list using CSOM
- SharePoint 2016/Online List View Auto Indexing Automatic Index Management
- How to create and remove the indexed column using PowerShell in SharePoint Online/2013/2016 list or document library?
- SharePoint Online: Create an indexed column in a list Programmatically using CSOM .Net managed object model code using visual studio 2017/2015
This tutorial we learned, how to solve sharepoint this field must be indexed to enforce unique values error.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.