This SharePoint BCS tutorial explains how to solve There are no addresses available for this application error which comes while configuring BCS in SharePoint 2013/2016.
We had to create and set up a business connectivity service application in our server. After creating the BCS using central administrator, on clicking of the business service application, it was throwing below error.
There are no addresses available for this application SharePoint
To solve There are no addresses available for this application error, We need to ensure below services are up and running.
- Business Data Connectivity Service
In our case, the service was not stopped.
Steps to start the service.
– Navigate to SharePoint 2013 Central Administrator
– Click on Application Management
– Click on Manage Services on Server under Service Applications section
– Start BCS service if it’s stopped.
– Do IISRESET
– Ensure SharePoint Web Service Root is up and running in IIS
Read some SharePoint business connectivity services tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 BDC Configuration and Creating External Content Type and External List
- SharePoint 2013 BDC Configuration and Creating External Content Type and External List Part Two
- SharePoint 2016 BCS error The metadata object that has Name your name has a Property with name AuthenticationMode and value RevertToSelf.
- Create External Content Type Based on Stored Procedure in SharePoint 2013 BCS
- Fix Login Failed For User NT AUTHORITY\IUSRS in Business Connectivity Services for SharePoint 2013
- Disadvantages of external lists in BCS Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2013/2010
Hope this will be helpful to resolve There are no addresses available for this application error in SharePoint 2013.
I have 9 years of exprience into SharePoint implementation, architecture, Administrator, development and Training.Designing Information Architecture in SharePoint 2007, 2010,2013 and Office 365.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.