We had to create and setup business connectivity service application in our server. After creating the BCS using central administrator, on clicking of the business service application it was throwing below error.
Also read: Extract termstores in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
We need to ensure below services are up and running.
– Business Data Connectivity Service
In our case the service was not stopped.
Steps to start the service.
– Navigate to Central Administrator
– Click on Application Management
– Click on Manage Services on Server under Service Applications section
– Start BCS service if it’s stopped.
– Do IISRESET
– Ensure SharePoint Web Service Root is up and running in IIS