In SharePoint 2010 designer there is a concept as Globally reusable workflow, through which you can copy and modify and reuse a globally reusable workflow. If you are trying to copy and modify any reusable workflow in a subsite, you may get an error saying: The workflow is read-only. Would you like to make a copy of this workflow to open or edit? like below:
And if you click on Yes then you will get a dialog box saying like below:
The server could not complete your request.
For more specific information, click the Details button.
And when you will click on the details button you will get an empty box.
The workflow is read-only. Would you like to make a copy of this workflow to open or edit
The solution to this problem is, do the same step at the root site of the site collection. You need to open the root site of the site collection and Copy and modify the globally reusable workflow.
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- The Option for the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Platform is not available error in SharePoint 2013
- Workflow Internal Status Suspended error in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint Designer 2010 Workflow Email Link To Edit Item or Display Item
- Set Text field to empty or blank in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
- Set People Picker field to empty or blank in SharePoint designer workflow
- Approval Workflow in SharePoint Online with an example
- Three State Workflow in SharePoint with Example
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.