This SharePoint workflow tutorial explains, how to resolve the SharePoint designer workflow error which comes when we try to publish a SharePoint 2013 designer workflow. The error comes when we try to publish: Error thrown as below “Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run“, while publishing any workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013.
Below are two solutions you can try.
The workflow files were saved but cannot be run SharePoint
Clear the SharePoint Designer Cache in these two places and Republish the workflow.
- C:\Users\< your account> \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache”
Clear the history and republish
Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run.
You can also follow the below solution to fix the issue.
Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite 'http://myhost/mysite' -WorkflowHostUri 'https://workflowhost:12290' -AllowOAuthHttp -Force
If this issue happens in the non-production farm, you can register workflow service using HTTP (not HTTPS protocol) & forget worrying about certificates.
Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite 'http://myhost/mysite' -WorkflowHostUri 'http://workflowhost:12291' -AllowOAuthHttp –Force
Ensure these below services are running,
In Services.msc, If not start
- Service Bus Gateway
- Service Bus Message Broker
- Windows Fabric Host Service
- Workflow Manager Backend
- Application Pool of Workflow Management Service
- Workflow Management Site is browseable.
You may like SharePoint designer 2013 workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 Workflow Impersonation step missing in Designer
- How to add edit task form url inside SharePoint 2013 designer workflow email?
- Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- App Step in SharePoint 2013 Designer Workflow
- Deploy SharePoint 2013 designer workflow to different site
- Delete list item after specific duration using SharePoint designer workflow
Hope this SharePoint 2013 tutorial helps to resolve, Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run error which comes while publishing SharePoint designer workflows.