The workbook cannot be opened because it is not stored in excel services SharePoint 2010
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
In this SharePoint 2010 tutorial, we will discuss an error message which usually comes after you upgrade my SharePoint a site to SharePoint 2010 site. The error message comes as “The workbook cannot be opened because it is not stored in excel services.”
The workbook cannot be opened because it is not stored in excel services
The workbook cannot be opened because it is not stored in excel services.
By default, the setting in the library is set to “open the file in browser”.
Change the Library settings to open files in the Client application.
- Open your Document Library
- Click on “Library” under “Library tools” (See screenshot)
- To the extreme right on the ribbon, please click on “Library settings”.
- Click on Advanced settings under General settings.
- In the settings for “Opening Documents in the Browser”
- Change the radio button and select Open in the client application.
- Click OK
You must change this setting in all the document libraries.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Conditional Formatting with Calculated Columns in SharePoint 2010
- Excel Service to import SSAS Cubes and Generating Pivot tables in SharePoint BI
- Excel service to import external database using secure store connection in SharePoint
- Configure Excel Service Application in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Unable to create or access workbook cache. Excel Services Application is unable to function without a workbook cache Event ID 5226
- Unable to reach excel calculation services error event id 5231 error in SharePoint
- There was an error in communicating with Excel Calculation Services error while opening excel file in browser
- Excel at SharePoint Online Management Shell
Applies to: SharePoint Foundation 2010/SharePoint Server 2010.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.