In this SharePoint 2010 tutorial, we will discuss an error message which usually comes after you upgrade my SharePoint a site to SharePoint 2010 site. The error message comes as “The workbook cannot be opened because it is not stored in excel services.”
The workbook cannot be opened because it is not stored in excel services.
By default, the setting in the library is set to “open the file in browser”.
Change the Library settings to open files in the Client application.
- Open your Document Library
- Click on “Library” under “Library tools” (See screenshot)
- To the extreme right on the ribbon, please click on “Library settings”.
- Click on Advanced settings under General settings.
- In the settings for “Opening Documents in the Browser”
- Change the radio button and select Open in the client application.
- Click OK
You must change this setting in all the document libraries.
Read some SharePoint tutorials:
- Deactivate controls in SharePoint Designer 2013
- Document properties are clearing out when uploading a document to SharePoint 2010 site
- SharePoint: Space changed to underscore while downloading a file in internet explorer 7
- Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP Server 2.0
Applies to: SharePoint Foundation 2010/SharePoint Server 2010.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: