In this post we will discuss how to resolve error The URL or name of this list instance conflicts with a list instance already on the server.
Also you can check out:
– How to set formula for calculated field in list using the Client Side Object Model in Auto hosted apps?
– How to synchronize new user from Active Directory in SharePoint 2010?
– Create and Add user to Groups in SharePoint using Object model
When I created the List Instance in visual studio 2010. First deployment is successful but when again I deploy that solution I got the error message:
“The URL or name of this list instance conflicts with a list instance already on the server. The list instance on the server will be deleted before deploying the new list instance”.
First we select the list definition name and expand that list and select the List instance and now open properties. In the property we able to See Deployment Conflict Resolution. When you the click that than dropdown list is open and you see there is three options:
1. None : Keep it your existed list with item (If list is not there that list will created).
2. Prompt : Give the error message with Prompt (See in fig 1)
3. Automatic: Automatic deletes the existing list.
By default is Prompt. So if you want to delete the already existed list in server than Select Automatic. And if you want to keep it your existed list with item than select None. So best solution is keep it as a NONE.
Hope this will help you !!!