This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to fix, the SSRS service application proxy is not configured. Use the SSRS service application pages to configure the proxy error.
I was getting the below error while rendering SSRS service after installing updates in WFE in SharePoint server.
When I started doing the root cause analysis I have realized that SSRS service in central admin got stopped.
The SSRS service application proxy is not configured
Follow the below steps to see the detailed error message in server logs.
- Log on to WFE and launch central admin with a FARM admin account
- Navigate to Manage Service Applications under Application management
- Find your Reporting Services service application and click the name of your service application
Click on System Settings.
Click on Enable remote Errors in the Security section.
Once you once enable this in Central admin we need to enable the same setting at the Site Collection level.
- Open the site collection which is experiencing SSRS rendering issue.
- Click on Site Action and click on Site Settings.
- Click Reporting Services Site Settings in the Reporting Services group.
Click Enable remote errors in the local mode checkbox.
Ok with this we have enabled the option of logging detailed error in server logs.
Now if you refresh the page where you are getting the above error it will log a detailed error message in a server log file. It will be as follows:
As the error message shows we need to enable the reporting services service in central administration.
Once I restart the service SSRS service is rendering as expected.
You may like following SSRS tutorials:
- SSRS Data Source is not responding error as The report server is unable to access encrypted data
- SSRS Data Source disabled in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
- The database engine instance you selected is not valid for this edition of reporting services
- Configure Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SQL Server Reporting Services installation and configuration in SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2013
- Reporting Server Integration feature missing in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Report Data Source content type is missing
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis services Database. Contact Administrator SharePoint Business Intelligence (BI) services
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis Services Database Contact Administrator in PowerPivot in SharePoint BI services
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to fix the error the SSRS service application proxy is not configured. Use the SSRS service application pages to configure the proxy.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019