In this post we will discuss how to resolve The specified user username is a local account. Local accounts should only be used in standalone mode error which comes while running SharePoint Configuration wizard after SharePoint 2013 installation.
This error comes in the configuration wizard where it asks for Database server name, database name, domain username, and password. The error comes as: “The specified user “Domain\UserName” is a local account. Local accounts should only be used in stand-alone mode”.
To resolve this issue open SharePoint 2013 management PowerShell and run New-SPConfigurationDatabase command.
Once you run the command, it will ask you about the database name, database server name, farm credentials and Passphrase as shown in the fig below:
Then it will create the database, Then you can start the SharePoint Configuration wizard again. Then it will open the Modify server farm settings. Here it will autopopulate the Database server and Database name.
Here select “Do not disconnect from this server farm” option. check the fig below:
Click on Next and your SharePoint 2013 installation will complete.
You may like following SharePoint installation tutorials:
- SharePoint 2019 Download + FREE PDF on SharePoint 2019 Installation Steps Download & New Features
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation FREE PDF guide
- SharePoint Server 2016 Setup Error A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending
- SharePoint 2016 installation error The program can not start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
- Windows Server 2016 Installation Step by Step with Screen shots
In this post, I have explained how you can resolve the error “The specified user username is a local account. Local accounts should only be used in standalone mode” which comes while installing in SharePoint 2013/2016.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)