This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to fix the error the server could not complete your request error which we sometimes get while opening a SharePoint site using sharepoint designer 2013.
Recently when I was trying to open a SharePoint 2013 site using SharePoint designer 2013, I got the error which says:
The server could not complete your request.
For more specific information, click the Details buttons.
And when you will click on Details button, you will not see anything like below:
And further, if you click on OK, OK repeated time you will see some errors like below:
An error occurred while trying to fetch data from your SharePoint site.
the server could not complete your request sharepoint designer 2013
Oper your IIS Manager (Start -> Run -> inetmgr).
Then expand Sites and select the “SharePoint Web Services” site and then double click on Authentication.
Then Enable Anonymous authentication.
Then if possible do an IISRESET and it should work fine.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- The document library view cannot be displayed for this web site error in SharePoint Designer 2013
- Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- How to Clear Your SharePoint Designer 2013/2010 Cache?
- The web server at site collection URL does not appear to have Microsoft SharePoint Foundation installed
- Create a fixed width and responsive mobile master page using SharePoint designer 2013
- Add custom action button in List ribbon using SharePoint designer 2013
- Customize SharePoint 2013 list form using SharePoint designer 2013
- Unable to SharePoint 2013 workflow logic in SharePoint designer 2013
- create deploy and Associate reusable workflow using SharePoint designer 2013
- Add Menu to ECM List Item Menu in SharePoint 2013 using SharePoint Designer 2013
- List view tools tab missing in SharePoint designer 2013
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to fix the error the server could not complete your request sharepoint designer 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.