This SharePoint tutorial, we will see how to resolve an error The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request error in SSIS data source connector with SharePoint online.
The error look like below:
The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request
Once you install the OData Source, you open up SQL Server Data Tools, open an SSIS project, and add or edit a data flow task. In the SSIS Toolbox, You should see the OData Source.
Drag the tool on to the design surface, and double-click to configure it. You’ll first need to configure an OData Connection Manager, and you’ll do that by clicking the new button.
Give the connection a name. The connection will be common to all lists and libraries within a site, so something based on the name of the site is likely appropriate.
If you are using Office 365, and you click Test Connection at this point, you’ll receive an error “Test connection failed –> the remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.”
This is due to Office 365’s “unique” authentication mechanism. In order to authenticate to Office 365, you must first select the “All” button in the toolbar and set the value of “Microsoft Online Services Authentication” to true.
Once you have change option for Microsoft online services Authentication False to True.
Then try to connect again, Click on test connection and see the result.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Install and configure SQL server reporting services (SSRS) in SharePoint 2013/2016
- The SSRS service application proxy is not configured. Use the SSRS service application pages to configure the proxy
- SSRS Data Source disabled in SharePoint 2013
- The database engine instance you selected is not valid for this edition of reporting services
- Configure Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013/2016
- HTTP 401.1 Access Denied in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Reporting Server Integration feature missing in SharePoint 2013/2016
- The report server is unable to access encrypted data. Apply a back-up key or delete all encrypted content
- Report Data Source content type is missing in SharePoint 2013/2016
- How to enable usage reports in SharePoint 2013/2016
This tutorial, we learned how to solve error Test connection failed –> the remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request error which comes in SSIS OData source connector with sharepoint online.