This SharePoint Add-in or apps tutorial explains how to solve “Error occurred in deployment step “Installed app for SharePoint”: The local SharePoint server is not available. Check that the server is running and connected to the SharePoint Farm”.
The error was coming while I was developing SharePoint hosted apps or add-in using Visual Studio 2017/2015 for SharePoint 2013/2016 On-premise.
While developing first I got this error. Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install app for SharePoint’: The System Account cannot perform this action. To resolve that error, you can check: Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install app for SharePoint’: The System Account cannot perform this action.
The local SharePoint server is not available check that the server is running and connected
The solution for this is to give db_owner permissions to the account which you are using to deploy the SharePoint hosted App or Add-in for all the SharePoint related databases.
For this Open the DataBase, expand Security -> Logins -> right click on the account and go to properties. Then in the properties window, click on User Mappings from the left side. Then you can select the database and slect the permission as db_owner as shown in the fig below and click on OK.
You may like following SharePoint Add-in tutorials:
- Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install SharePoint Add-in’: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server unavailable
- How to send email in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint hosted add-in in SharePoint online?
- How to send email to SharePoint group in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint hosted add in SharePoint online?
- Provider Hosted App in SharePoint Online using Visual Studio 2017 + Deploy Provider Hosted Add-in to Microsoft Azure
- Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install SharePoint Add-in’: An instance of this App already exists at the specified location.
- SharePoint Online Create choice type site column and add mapping inside SharePoint hosted add-in using visual studio 2015
Once you give permission in SQL Server, the error occurred in the deployment step the local SharePoint server is not available will not come.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.