Recently we have installed windows server 2016 and done the active directory installation and configuration also. Then I tried to download .Net Framework 3.5 from the Microsoft site and tried to install the .Net Framework. But while installation it gave error as:
The following feature couldn’t be installed .net framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
Windows Server roles and features cannot be automatically installed or uninstalled via the Windows Features Control Panel.
The following feature couldn’t be installed .net framework 3.5
To install Windows Server roles and features, start Server Manager, or use the Server Manager cmdlets for Windows PowerShell.
The error looks like below:
We can not download and install .Net framework 3.5 as a standalone. We have to install it through the Server Manager.
Open Server Manager and then click on Add roles and features.
Then just click on Next till Features section. In the Select features page select .NET Framework 3.5 Features. Then click on Install.
You may like the following Windows tutorials:
- How to install and configure Active directory windows server 2012 r2
- How to enable hibernate in windows server 2016?
- How to enable audio service in Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2012 r2?
- Installation of one or more roles role services or features failed windows 2016
- SharePoint Designer Workflow 2013 Error: Windows Workflow Foundation, part of .Net Framework 3.0, must be installed to use this feature
- This edition cannot be upgraded error in Windows server 2016 datacenter
- Windows server appfabric download error sharepoint 2013
- Windows Server 2016 no images are available
This way you will be able to install .Net Framework 3.5. In the same way, we will be able to install .Net framework 3.5 in Windows server 2012 r2.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com