In this post we will discuss how to deal with deal with SharePoint Server File Size Limit Exceeded Problem.
When SharePoint 2010 users try to download or upload a large sized-file from/on the server respectively, then a below-mentioned error occur:
Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved
The error denotes that the size limit of the SharePoint server file is exceeded and user will not be able to read the file or upload the file.
– Create and Delete a User Custom Action Using CSOM in SharePoint 2013
– SharePoint 2013 Steps to Create Top Navigation using XMLDataSource
– SharePoint 2016 Create web application and Site collection using PowerShell
Cause of the Error:
One common reason may be that the SharePoint admin have put constraint on the quota of file size to be uploaded. If quota is not an issue, then error may occur due to one of the below-mentioned reasons:
(a) Denial of Service Attack: On the basis of security point of view, WEBDAV re-director have initiated a rule in which if user try to download file larger than 50000000 bytes, then the user PCs will interrupt this downloading in form of denial of service attack.
(b) Constraint on Operating System: By default, Windows OS has a limitation to upload files of almost 50 MB and hence, leading to generation of such trouble at the time of uploading files on SharePoint server.
Solution to Resolve the Trouble:
NOTE: The solution for the trouble can be achieved by making modification in registry of users PCs. A single incorrect step may lead to serious problem within system. Hence, follow the steps correctly and for safe-side make a backup of registry (before performing the modification) so that if some error occurs then restoration is possible (when required).
To troubleshoot the problem, go through the following steps:
1) Open the registry window on your machine, by using following measures for different operating system:
On Windows XP/Vista/7: Click on Start >> Run and type regedit and click on OK.
On Windows 8 and later: Take your mouse cursor on the right hand side of desktop, click on Search icon and type regedit command. Click on regedit for running it.
2) Now locate and click on following registry subkey:
3) Right-click on the FileSizeLimitInBytes and click on Modify
4) In Edit DWORD Value window, select the Decimal option.
5) In the text box displaying in front of you, type a value (in bytes) that is larger or nearer to the file size that is to be downloaded.
6) Close the Registry Editor and restart your machine.
By making modification in registry of machine, user will be able to resolve the problem. Moreover, users will have to perform these steps with full concentration and correctly because
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.