The ExpressionTranslationBuildTask task failed unexpectedly SharePoint Visual Studio Workflow Error
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint workflow tutorial, we will discuss how to fix an error The ExpressionTranslationBuildTask task failed unexpectedly which comes while developing a workflow using visual studio 2015 for SharePoint online sites.
In that activity, we have declared a variable and we were trying to assign it into the To field of the email. But it gave us error like:
The “ExpressionTranslationBuildTask” task failed unexpectedly….
The ExpressionTranslationBuildTask task failed unexpectedly
The solution to resolve the issue was to change the data type of the variable from String to Collection<T> type.
We have declared the variable like below:
To change the variable type, click on the variable type and then select Browse for Types… like below:
And then choose the System.Collections.ObjectModelCollection<T> type like below:
Now the error will not come.
You may like following visual studio workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint Hosted Add-in: Send Email to SharePoint group using visual studio workflow
- The field of type taxonomyfieldtype cannot be used in the query filter expression in SharePoint Online visual studio workflow
- Cannot cast LValue expression to type Microsoft.Activities.DynamicValue error in visual studio workflow in SharePoint
- Difference between designer workflow and visual studio workflows
- SharePoint Workflow Initiation Form template missing in Visual Studio
- SharePoint Approved and Rejected buttons not appearing in task form in Visual Studio 2015 workflow
- SharePoint online visual studio 2015 workflow variable not available in various scopes
- Invalid text value. A text field contains invalid data error in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint online
- Sorry you do not have access to this page while clicking on SharePoint custom workflow visual studio 2015
This tutorial helps to fix error The ExpressionTranslationBuildTask task failed unexpectedly which comes while developing visual studio workflow.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)