In this post we will discuss how to resolve the issue “The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Diagnostics.SPDiagnosticsMetricsProvider (ID d776a6d0-e333-44be-bef3-5ec4f8b31f08) threw an exception.”
Error Message: The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Diagnostics.SPDiagnosticsMetricsProvider (ID d776a6d0-e333-44be-bef3-5ec4f8b31f08) threw an exception. More information is included below.
The error looks like below:
1. Login to the server and explored below path;
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\Logs
2. Right-click over this folder and select properties
3. Properties wizard will open select security tab on that
4. Add below user by selecting a local system;
Wss_WPG and WSS-Admin_WPG
5. Once this user will get add, Assign full permission on that
Read some SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint Enterprise Feature Activation 2013
- How to get SharePoint Timer Job History using PowerShell?
- Comparing SharePoint 2016 Boundaries and limitations with SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation step by step
- Increase SharePoint Online Storage Quota using PowerShell
After assigning this permission monitor this server, this error should stop.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.