In this post, we will discuss how we can resolve “the audio service is not running” issue which comes in windows server 2012 r2. This I got in my windows server 2012 r2 laptop. When I click the sound to increase or decrease it shows the message as “the audio service is not running”.
To resolve the issue, go to Start ->Administrative tools and then in the Administrative Tools page click on Services.
Then search for “Windows Audio” service. Double click on this service and set the Start Type as Automatic. Then click on Start to start the service as shown in the fig below:
After this, the sound will appear in windows server 2012 r2.
You may like following windows server tutorials:
- Solved How to enable wireless in Windows server 2012 R2?
- Configure DNS in Windows Server 2012 step by step tutorial
- Solved How to Enable Wired Ethernet in Windows Server 2012 R2?
- How to install Active Directory on Windows server 2016 Step by step?
- How to rename domain name in windows server 2016?
- Configure Active Directory Domain Service in Windows Server 2012 R2 for SharePoint 2016
- [Solved] windows server AppFabric download error SharePoint 2016/2013
- How to add a user in active directory in windows server 2016?
- Tutorial on install and configure Active directory windows server 2012 r2
Hope this will be helpful to resolve the issue the audio service is not running in windows server 2012 r2.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)