This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to solve Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ActivityNotFoundException: The activity named WorkflowXaml_GUID from scope was not found error.
Recently while trying to deploy a workflow from one site collection to another site collection in my office 365 SharePoint online site collection I got the below error. The error comes when I tried to activate the feature. The error comes like below:
Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ActivityNotFoundException: The activity named ‘WorkflowXaml_GUID’ from scope ‘/spo/248fadea-e82b-4d15-bf03-d00b7947ca36/a6b8142a-8120-4823-a855-f400460ec143’ was not found. HTTP headers received from the server – ActivityId: GUID. NodeId: Scope: Client ActivityId : GUID. —-> System.New.WebException: The remote server returned an error.
The activity named WorkflowXaml_GUID from scope was not found
The workflow which I was trying to deploy is a very simple workflow having only a Log to history action which is trying to write some information to the Log to the History list. I don’t have any other dependent components.
But the workflow was using Log to History and MyTask list (which we have given while developing the SharePoint 2013 designer workflow).
When I try to browse these two lists in the target site, I got the file not found an error. So I created a sample workflow in the targeted site which internally creates Workflow History and MyTask list.
Then I redeploy the whole thing and it worked fine.
You may like following SharePoint designer 2013 workflows:
- Package and Deploy workflow in SharePoint 2013 designer
- Packaging and Deploying in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
- Deploy SharePoint 2013 designer workflow to a different site in SharePoint 2013
- Steps to create deploy and Associate reusable workflow using SharePoint designer 2013
- Create a Leave request approval workflow in SharePoint using Out of box workflow
- Create a Leave Request Approval Workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Sorry something went wrong while adding a three-state workflow in SharePoint Online
- How to add edit task form URL inside SharePoint 2013 designer workflow email?
- Impersonation step missing in SharePoint 2013 Workflow
- Workflow App Identifier in SharePoint Online App Permissions
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to solve error The activity named WorkflowXaml_GUID from scope was not found which comes while deploying SharePoint designer 2013 workflows.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.