This TFS tutorial, we will disucss how to solve TF14098 Access Denied error in TFS.
The error comes while creating a label in Team Foundation Server (TFS) in Visual Studio 2015. The full error comes like:
TF14098: Access Denied: User Username needs Label permission(s) for $/.
There was some issue with permission. To resolve the issue follow the below step.
Open the TFS URL in the browser and then go to the Security tab and then add the user to the Administrator group. This looks like below.
Sometimes it may take a couple of minutes to reflect. Restart the visual studio and try again, now it will allow creating labels.
You may following TFS tutorials:
- Display tfs work items in GridView using SharePoint Visual Web Part
- The solution you have opened is under source control but not currently configured for integrated source control in visual studio error in TFS
- TF30323: The New Team Project Wizard Could Not retrieve the wizard page from the plug-in Microsoft.ProjectCreationWizard.VersionControl
- TF30177 Team Project Creation Failed while creating a new team project in Team Foundation Server TFS
- Create a new team project Team Foundation Server (TFS)
This tutorial, we learned how to fix TF14098 Access Denied error in TFS.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.