Team Site template option appearing twice in SharePoint 2013
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial, we will discuss how to fix the issue, Team site template option appearing two times in SharePoint 2013 while creating a subsite.
Recently while creating a subsite I saw the SharePoint Team Site template was appearing two times in the Collaboration tab in Select a template. It was appearing like below:
These sites we have migrated from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013 using database upgrade approach, first from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2010 and then from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.
When I see the view source of the page I saw the extra Team Site template was coming like below, Here it was coming as “STS#101”.
Now when I go to the below folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\1033\XML
I saw two files are there one is: WEBTEMP.xml which has no issue, it was looking perfect.
But I saw one more file name was: WEBTEMPSTS.xml which has one template with ID=101. Here I changed the attribute Hidden=”FALSE” to Hidden=”TRUE” like below:
<Template Name="STS" ID="1″> <Configuration ID="101″ Title="Team Site" Hidden="TRUE" ImageUrl="/_layouts/15/images/stts.png?rev=23″ Description="A place to work together with a group of people." DisplayCategory="Collaboration" > </Configuration>
So here we have to do it all the front end servers if you have more than one presented there.
Then after doing this make sure to do an IISRESET without that it might not appear.
Now if you will open it will look like below, only one Team Site template.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- The site template was not provisioned successfully
- SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating sub sites
- Retrieve all site templates using PowerShell
- Unable to see all site templates category in Template Selection while creating sub site in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 Missing Blank Site Template
- Enable blank site template SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- Get SharePoint Site Template ID and Name using PowerShell
- SharePoint 2013 Developer Site Template overview
- Activate Group Work Site Template in SharePoint 2013
- Site definition vs Site template in SharePoint 2013
- Easy way to identify site template used in SharePoint site
- Save site as template option missing in SharePoint online
- Get SharePoint Online Site and List Templates using PowerShell
- How to find which template is used for a site in SharePoint Online
Here, we learned how to fix the team site template appearing twice in SharePoint 2013 while creating a subsite issue.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.