This aim of this document is to describe technical tasks which will help SCCM Administrators task to operate production environment.
These instructions are intended for SCCM Team in the normal execution of infrastructure management.
SCCM Administration Best Practices:
1. Use AD Sites to define ConfigMgr boundaries to avoid overlapping.
2. Automate maintenance tasks and create custom maintenance tasks.
3. Create OUs for ConfigMgr Servers.
4. Use AD Groups and Accounts for managing the ConfigMgr environment.
5. Keep administrative rights to a minimum level of Access.
6. Create a plan for role-based administration and apply only the rights necessary to perform job function.
7. Use NTFS on all client and server partitions.
8. Assign the least permissions possible.
9. Do not install site servers on Domain Controllers.
10. Do not install other services that use the local system account.
11. Use GPO and SCCM Client Push Method to install client agent on computers.
12. Add only required users to SCCM admins group, or created alternate groups and use role-based access control for permissions.
13. Create ConfigMgr AD OU containers for service IDs, Application Management ID’s, Management groups and Servers.
14. Lock down the ConfigMgr Infrastructure using Domain Groups and Accounts.
15. Configure SUP on every primary and secondary site server.
16. Enable SMTP access on Top SCCM server to send a custom SSRS Reports.
17. Only deploy the ConfigMgr client to computers that are trusted.
18. Do not use a domain admin account as the client push installation account.
19. SQL Server must be configured to use Windows Authentication.
20. Remove or Disable the Guest account from the ConfigMgr SQL Database.
I have been working as a Team Lead in IT last 6 years with a strong focus on Microsoft Server Technologies I have been working on Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 & SCCM 2012 R2 etc. Interested in everything related to Configuration Manager & Windows Azure.
Keep learning Keep sharing and keep growing !!
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.