As per MSDN: Azure Storage Analytics performs logging and provides metrics data for a storage account. You can use this data to trace requests, analyze usage trends, and diagnose issues with your storage account.
Storage Analytics doesn’t delete any logging data and keeps writing till reaches 20 TB limit.
So it’s important to understand the limit as once it reaches the limit, storage analytics will not write anything until some free space is avail.
We can handle the situation in two ways with below option.
1. Manually Delete requests
2. Set retention Policy (My preference )
Configure data retention policy for both logging and metrics data.
Storage Analytics metrics are available for the Blob, Queue, Table, and File services.
Storage Analytics logging is available for the Blob, Queue, and Table services.
For our project, it was Blob storage and follow steps to do the changes.
You can set the retention policy with C# or PowerShell script code.
I will be sharing the PowerShell script to set the property.
1. Get the storage analytics configuration file.
StorageAnalytics.exe -a <account> -k <key> -t blob -get > D:\sam\blob.xml
2. Edit the xml file based on below highlighted section.
3. Now upload the updated xml file to apply the changes.
StorageAnalytics.exe -a <account> -k <key> -t blob -set D:\sam\blob.xml
Read some SharePoint tutorials below:
- Display Power BI Report in SharePoint Online
- Extract term stores in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Download Blobs from Azure Container using PowerShell
- Create Azure Storage using PowerShell and upload a video file
- Bind SharePoint Online List Data into HTML table using jQuery and Rest API
- Deploy SharePoint 2013 designer workflow into production in SharePoint online
- Learn azure artificial intelligence (Azure AI)
Hope this will be helpful.
I have 9 years of exprience into SharePoint implementation, architecture, Administrator, development and Training.Designing Information Architecture in SharePoint 2007, 2010,2013 and Office 365.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.