Here we will discuss how we can hide the default attach file option in SharePoint list in SharePoint online. This applies to SharePoint Online, SharePoint 2016/2013 and SharePoint 2010 also. There are two ways of doing this: one from GUI and other from PowerShell. Here we will see how we can do this from the browser (GUI).
So lets get started 🙂
1. Open your SharePoint online list and click on New Item. Verify that attachment is enabled. You can see the attachment button like below:
2. From the list ribbon, click on List tab and click on List Settings.
3. Now, Click on Advanced Settings.
4. Scroll down and look for attachments.
5. Select Disabled and Click OK.
6. Click New item to verify and attachment option is gone from your list.
Very straight forward steps. Hope it helps 🙂