Disable Sync button in SharePoint Online/2013/2016 document libraries
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, how to disable the Sync button in SharePoint 2013 document library. Sync feature allows users to sync between SharePoint document libraries and user’s local disk in SharePoint 2013.
If you open your SharePoint document library or home page you might see the Sync feature is enabled and which looks like below:
We can disable this option in the site level as well as for any particular document library level.
Disable Sync in Site Level in SharePoint 2013
Open SharePoint 2013 site. Go to the Site Settings page, then click on “Search and offline availability” under “Search” section.
Then in the “Offline Client Availability” section select No for “Allow items from this site to be downloaded to offline clients?” which looks like below:
Disable Sync in Document library level in SharePoint 2013
If you want to disable the Sync option for a particular document library, then Open the SharePoint document library, then go to the library settings page.
Then in the Library settings page click on Advanced Settings link under General.
Then in the Advanced settings page, Choose No in “Offline Client Availability“, which looks like below:
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- Left Navigation or Quick Launch Customization or Branding using CSS in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- SharePoint 2013 Left Navigation or Quick Launch Menu Customization
- How to reset to out of box list forms from Nintex Forms customization in SharePoint Online
- Too much customization in SharePoint injurious to health
- How to hide Notebook and Site contents from quick launch in SharePoint Online
- Add JSLink in Task List View in SharePoint Online
- Different ways to hide/disable quick edit in a list in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Add Google ReCaptcha in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 (Step by Step tutorial)
- Hide Site Settings Gear icon for users other than owners in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SharePoint 2013 Add Recycle Bin link in the quick launch
- Hide Edit Links option in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Customize access denied page in SharePoint 2013
Hope this SharePoint 2013 tutorial helps to disable Sync button in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.