We will use the Admin Site of our Office 365 Developer site to create a private App Catalog and then upload our auto-hosted app to it.
Follow the below steps:
1. Sign in to your Office 365 Developer Site and then Select Admin -> SharePoint in the Office 365 menu as shown in the fig below:
2. Then in the SharePoint admin center click on apps from the left side and click on App Catalog link from the right hand side as shown in the fig below.
3. In the App Catalog Site dialog box, select Create a new App Catalog site radio button and then click the OK button as shown in the fig below:
4. Then on the Create App Catalog Site Collection screen, fill the title, web site address, language selection, time zone etc. as shown in the fig below, and then click on OK.
5. When the site collection is created, click on the App Catalog site collection link.
In the new App Catalog, there are three types that allow you to perform the basic functions of the App Catalog as shown in the fig below:
Apps for SharePoint:
This link takes you to a library used to manage the SharePoint app packages in the catalog.
Apps for Office:
This link takes you to a library used to manage the Office app packages in the catalog.
This link allows a tenant administrator to approve or reject end-user requests for new apps.
After your App Catalog is created, you can add your app for distribution.
6. Click on the Apps for SharePoint site.
7. In Windows Explorer, open the output folder from your app project in Visual Studio and locate the ThoughtOfTheDayApplication.app file.
8. There are two ways to upload your app to the library. You can click on +new app and manually upload the app file to the library, or you can drop the app file onto the library where it says “drag files here” as shown in the fig below:
The app is now ready to be installed by your users.
9. Navigate back to your development site in the web browser.
10. Select Site Contents from the left-hand side menu.
11. Click on the add an app file as shown in the fig below:
12. Click on the ThoughtOfTheDayApplication file. This file appears because ThoughtOfTheDayApplication is present in the App Catalog for the site.
13. In the dialog that appears, click Trust It.
14. After the app has finished loading, click on the app’s tile and the default page will appear.
After you have uploaded the app to the App Catalog, your users will be given the opportunity to install the app on their sites. However, since the App Catalog is private to your organization, users of other SharePoint environments will not see it.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials:
About Navneet Singh
I am Navneet Singh, Working at C3it software solutions pvt. ltd. in Pune. My core skills are SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Designer Workflow, Nintex Workflow, Infopath, Webpart, CSOM/SSOM, Power-shell, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials