An app catalog site contains a special type of document library that is used to upload and store app package files. Along with storing the app package file, this document library also tracks various types of metadata for each app.
We can create an app catalog site by using SharePoint 2013 central administration. You must have farm administrator permissions within an on-premises farm to create an app catalog site.
Follow below steps:
– Open SharePoint 2013 central administration (Start > All Programs > Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products > SharePoint 2013 Central Administration).
– Then choose Apps from the left hand side and this will open the Apps page.
– There click on Manage App Catalog from the App Management section in the Apps page.
– Then in the Manage App Catalog page click on Create a new app catalog site and then click on OK. Before that you can also check the Web Application or if you want you can change the web application. Check the fig below:
– Then this will open the Create App Catalog page, there you can Enter the Title, Description, URL and Site Collection Administrator and then click on “Create”. Check the fig below:
– Then the app catalog site will be created successfully.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SharePointSky.com
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials