These day most of the user want to use they own master page in SharePoint 2013 Or Office 365. In this article we learn how to create our own master page using Html in SharePoint Online.
Design Manager is SharePoint 2013 is new feature which can be very useful for SharePoint designers. With Design Manger you can now create a SharePoint Master Page out of simple Html Page Template.
Here is the Master Page that I will use.
Read some SharePoint branding articles below:
- SharePoint Online branding Creating Accordion Widget or Collapsible panel with Bootstrap
- SharePoint Online branding Creating Tabbed Menu using Bootstrap and HTML in SharePoint 2016/2013
The Design Manager is not activated by default in SharePoint 2013 Or in Office 365.
1. Activate the feature “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” present in the site collection level. This can be navigated as Settings à Site settings à Site collection features (under Site Collection Administration) à SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure à Click on Activate
2. Once the site collection feature has been activated in the above step, then navigate to the subsite, and activate the Site Feature –> “SharePoint Server Publishing”. This can be navigated as – Settings – > Site settings – > Manage site features (under Site Actions) – > SharePoint Server Publishing – > Click on Activate
3. New we can see that Design Manager is activated.
Setting- >Look and Fell – >Design Manager
1. Upload HTML Master Page in Master Page Gallery in SharePoint.
2. Add the Required Scripts ,CSS, Images and other files.
3. Navigate to Design Manager (Settings- >Look and Feel – > Design Manager)
4. In Design Manager select 4 option Edit Master Page.
5. Next Select Convert AN Html File to a SharePoint Master Page .
6. After following above set you can see that a Html while get convert to master page Refer below screen.
7. After master page got generated need to go to setting- > Master Page Gallery and need Publish html with major version. Refer below screen.
8. Finally we need to apply the new master page (Settings- >Look and Feel – > Design Manager- >Publish and Apply Design – > Assign master page to your site based on device channel.) refer below screens.
Your Final Office 365 (O365) screen will look like below:
Hopefully this sharepoint branding article will help you to create a master page in SharePoint online using design manager.