This tutorial, we will discuss how to fix error The report server is unable to access encrypted data. Apply a back-up key or delete all encrypted content.
As we all know we have to plan for Disaster Recovery (DR) for our SharePoint environment we do a trial run on every year. We have performed the DR for this year also but during the practice, we have encountered the below error while rendering SSRS reports. The error coming was: The report server is unable to access encrypted data.
the report server is unable to access encrypted data apply a back-up key
We have restored all the below set of application DB from PROD to DR server and it has overwritten the reporting service DB also.
The issue here is PROD FARM has configured with one security key and DR server got configured with some other security key.
Create all the data sources in the DR server to fix this issue. As soon as we create the new data source for SSRS report everything went seamlessly.
You may like the following tutorials:
- The SSRS service application proxy is not configured. Use the SSRS service application pages to configure the proxy
- SSRS Data Source disabled in SharePoint 2013
- UserProfileDBCache_WCFLogging ProfileDBCacheServiceClient.GetUserData threw exceptionObject reference not set to an instance of an object
- Reporting Server Integration feature missing in SharePoint 2013
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis services Database. Contact Administrator SharePoint Business Intelligence (BI) services
- SharePoint 2013 Report Data Source content type is missing
- Data Refreshing issue Access Denied to Analysis Services Database Contact Administrator in PowerPivot in SharePoint BI services
- Importing SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Sample CUBE and Processing the CUBEs
- Excel Service to import SSAS Cubes and Generating Pivot tables in SharePoint BI
- SQL Server Reporting Services installation and configuration in SharePoint 2016/2013
This tutorial helps to fix the error, The report server is unable to access encrypted data. Apply a back-up key or delete all encrypted content.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.