Tags: sql server 2016 installation steps, sql server 2016 installation, sql server 2016 installation step by step pdf, install sql server 2016 step by step, sql server installation step by step, sql server 2016 step by step pdf, sql server 2016 step by step installation, sql server 2016 installation requirements, how to install sql server, how to install sql server 2016, how to install sql server 2016 step by step, how to install sql server 2016 management studio, sql server management studio 2016 download, sql server 2016 download, How to install SQL Server 2016 step by step?
We are going to show you how to install SQL server 2016 step-by-step procedure for installing a new instance of SQL Server 2016 using the SQL Server setup installation wizard. The SQL Server Installation Wizard provides a single feature tree for installation of all SQL Server components so that you do not have to install them individually. For more information on various components that can be installed, see Installation for SQL Server 2016. For more information about how to install the SQL Server components individually, see Install SQL Server 2016.
The following are some recommendations before installing SQL Server 2016:
The computer where SQL Server will be installed should have access to the Internet.
It is not supported to install SQL Server 2016 through Terminal Services client.
For all editions of SQL Server 2016, the following considerations apply:
– We recommend that you run SQL Server 2016 on computers with the NTFS file format. Installing SQL Server 2016 on a computer with FAT32 file system is supported but not recommended as it is less secure than the NTFS file system.
– SQL Server Setup will block installations on read-only, mapped, or compressed drives.
– The installation of SQL Server 2016 fails if you launch setup through Remote Desktop Connection with the media on a local resource in the RDC client. To install remotely the media must be on a network share or local to the physical or virtual machine. SQL Server installation media may be either on a network share, a mapped drive, a local drive, or presented as an ISO to a virtual machine.
– SQL Server Management Studio installation requires installing .NET 4.6.1 as a pre-requisite. .NET 4.6.1 will be automatically installed by setup when SQL Server Management Studio is selected.
By following below TechNet URL we have performed SQL server 2016 Installation:
Hardware and Software Requirements for Sql Server 2016:
Follow the below URL for Hardware and Software Requirements
Hard Disk Space Requirements:
During installation of SQL Server 2016, Windows Installer creates temporary files on the system drive. Before you run Setup to install or upgrade SQL Server, verify that you have at least 6.0 GB of available disk space on the system drive for these files. This requirement applies even if you install SQL Server components to a non-default drive.
Actual hard disk space requirements depend on your system configuration and the features that you decide to install. The following table provides disk space requirements for SQL Server 2016 components.
– Enhanced in-memory performance provides up to 30x faster transactions, more than 100x faster queries than disk based relational databases and real-time operational analytics
– New Always Encrypted technology helps protect your data at rest and in motion, on-premises and in the cloud, with master keys sitting with the application, without application changes
– Built-in advanced analytics– provide the scalability and performance benefits of building and running your advanced analytics algorithms directly in the core SQL Server transactional database
– Business insights through rich visualizations on mobile devices with native apps for Windows, iOS and Android
– Simplify management of relational and non-relational data with ability to query both through standard T-SQL using PolyBase technology
– Stretch Database technology keeps more of your customer’s historical data at your fingertips by transparently stretching your warm and cold OLTP data to Microsoft Azure in a secure manner without application changes
– Faster hybrid backups, high availability and disaster recovery scenarios to backup and restore your on-premises databases to Microsoft Azure and place your SQL Server AlwaysOn secondaries in Azure
1. When I mount the ISO image and browse the image you see the following directory.
2. Insert the SQL Server installation media. From the root folder, double-click Setup.exe. To install from a network share, locate the root folder on the share, and then double-click Setup.exe.
3. When I mount the ISO image and browse the image you see the following directory.
4. To launch the installation I just double clicked on the “setup” exe as shown.
5. To launch the installation I just double clicked on the “setup” exe as shown, do next after all verification for hardware and software
6. You should also provide a product key, if you are installing a licensed edition of SQL Server.
7. Here select license term and condition and do next
8. On this screen select global rule and Microsoft update, you can skip also. In our case we had skip and do next.
9. On this screen the option to install individual features, or all the features with the defaults. For my installation I will only be installing the SQL Server database engine and therefore I selected the first radio button.
10. Then click on next, below Instance Configuration wizard will get open, Here give your instance name or keep default like below
11. Click on next, server configuration wizard will appear here leave default
12. Click on next on this screen Database engine configuration wizard will come. Add user to access database. You can add multiple user over here or later also can add but minimum one user should add here
Note: Here can configure data directory and temp DB
13. Once click next it will go to summary page of SQL server here verify all setup if need do modify and click on install button to install SQL server 2016
14. Wait for complete installation, once it will complete successfully will show below wizard click on close button it will close automatic
15. Now download SSMS from below link and install the same
16. Installation process will appear like below, then restart the server and verify SQL server 2016 is installed
Read some SharePoint tutorials
- Windows Server 2016 Installation Step by Step with Screenshots
- How to install Active Directory on Windows server 2016 Step by step?
- How to rename domain name in windows server 2016?
- How to create a Linux virtual machine in Windows Azure Portal?
- SharePoint online: Ultimate tutorial guide PDF download
17. Here new wizard will look like this
Here we have seen how to install sql server 2016 step by step.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: