SQL Server 2014 step by step installation guide
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
After downloading the exe file, double click on the exe, it will extract to a folder first.
Then click on “New SQL Server stand-alone installation on add features to an existing installation” link as shown in the fig below:
Then accept the license terms as shown in the fig below:
Then select the checkbox in Microsoft Update screen like below:
Then in the Feature Selection screen, select all the checkboxes like below:
In the Feature Rules screen, it will display Passed or Failed message. Here .Net framework 3.5 service pack 1 was not installed, so it displays the Failed message like below. You can check out this article to solve the issue.
Once you complete .Net Framework 3.5 installation, click on Re-run see above pics.
Next, in the Instance Configuration screen choose the instance, you can choose Default instance or If you have already installed sql server any version already then you can choose Names instance and can give a name.
In the Server Configuration wizard, you can set the Account Name, Startup Type etc as shown in the fig below:
Then in the Database Engine Configuration wizard, choose Mixed Mode (SQL Server authentication and Windows authentication) option. Then enter your password and confirm password as shown in the fig below:
Then click on Next. Then it will process and show the successful message. If it requires it will ask you to restart machine. The successful message will show like below.
Restart and Now you should be able to login to SQL server management studio 2014.
You may like following SQL Server tutorials:
- Configure SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in SQL Server 2012 Step by step guide
- Importing SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Sample CUBE and Processing the CUBEs
- Install and configure SQL server reporting services (SSRS) in SharePoint 2013/2016
- How to Setting maximum memory in SQL server?
- Create Configure and Use SQL Server Database using Microsoft Azure
- An error has occurred while accessing the SQL Server database or the SharePoint Server Search service
- Killing a SPID in SQL Server and Checking Rollback Progress
- Deploy SQL Server 2016 on the Azure Portal Using Windows server 2012
- SQL Server 2016 installation step by step with screenshots
- windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition sql server event id 2004
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.