This SharePoint framework tutorial we will discuss how to solve spfx local workbench not working or spfx local workbench not loading or SharePoint framework Local Workbench is showing empty issue.
- Create a Hello World WebPart in SharePoint using SPFX
- How to create a New SPFx Web part in an existing project in SharePoint
SharePoint framework Local Workbench is showing empty
I see a blank page when I run “gulp serve” in the SharePoint framework local workbench!
This is expected behavior in SharePoint framework development and the possible issues would be one of the below.
- nodeJs is corrupted/installed later version than 8.11.4
- NPM is corrupted
Most of the times when you run the command “
When you reinstalling the NodeJs ensure that it is successful if not you will see the same issue again.
You may like following SharePoint framework development tutorial:
You may like following SharePoint SPFx tutorial:
- SPFx multiline textbox field rending as single line of text in SharePoint Online
- Create SPFx webpart with React for SharePoint 2016 On-Premise
- How to Create Site Columns, Content Type and Custom List using SharePoint Framework
- SharePoint client-side web part configurable properties in Property Pane using spfx
- Retrieve SharePoint list items using SharePoint framework (SPFx)
- Create a list using SharePoint framework (SPFx) Step by Step tutorial
- cannot find module ‘@microsoft/sp-build-web’ SharePoint Framework (spfx)
- The api entry could not be loaded: node_modules/@microsoft/sp-webpart-workbench/lib/api/ in SharePoint Framework
The api entry could not be loaded: node_modules/@microsoft/sp-webpart-workbench/lib/api/ in SharePoint Framework
Hope this SPFx tutorial helps to solve SharePoint framework Local Workbench is showing empty error.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019