In this post we will discuss how to sort and group the blog post in blog site home page using custom column in post list for SharePoint 2010.
Also check out:
– Backup and Restore Site Collections in SharePoint 2010 using PowerShell
– Filtering blog site home page using custom column in post list for SharePoint 2010
– Promoted Results in SharePoint 2013
Here I created the many blogs. Now I want to Sort my blog post using custom column. For achieving this follow these steps:
1. Create the custom column in post list, I gave the name is Order by. See in fig
2. Now open your blog site in SharePoint designer 2010.
3. Edit home page of your blog site. See in fig
4. Now click on display mode. See in fig
5. Now, you able to see List view Tools in Ribbon. Click on Sort & Group. See in fig
6. Here select your column name and Add for Sort order, you also choose Sort Properties like Ascending or Descending. See in fig I selected my custom column Order by
7. Now save and refresh your site in browser. You able to see on Sort post.