This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to solve Sorry, something went wrong. Sorry, this site can’t be saved as a template. It contains apps that don’t work in templates error in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
Sorry, this site can’t be saved as a template. It contains apps that don’t work in templates in SharePoint
While working on SharePoint Online, I was trying to save site as a template, but it gave the following error.
Sorry, something went wrong Sorry, this site can’t be saved as a template. It contains apps that don’t work in templates: App names.
Remove all the apps from the SharePoint Online site. After saving site as a template you can create a new site using this template and add the Nintex for Office 365 apps back to the SharePoint Online site.
Here are the following steps how to remove these apps from SharePoint Online site:
As I was trying to remove apps using the new look and feel a pop-up appeared the functionality is not available in a new look and feel so revert the page view to classic and complete the task, and it worked.
Navigate to top level site and click on gear icon then on site content.
You can find Nintex Forms for Office 365 app and move your cursor click on … you can see the below image and then again click on … and then click on remove.
A pop-up comes up if you are sure to remove the Nintex Form for Office 365. You can restore it from recycle bin and also you can add the Nintex app from office.
You can similarly remove all apps like Nintex Workflow for Office 365, SharePointAddIn5Demo, which are restricting to create the template and can follow the steps as discussed to create a SharePoint Site Template in the previous topic.
Below you can see after removing all apps I have tried to create Site Template and was successfully created.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Save site as template option missing in SharePoint online
- Enable Save Site as Template option in Publishing Site in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
- Save site as template SharePoint online missing solution
- Save site as template SharePoint Online/2013/2016 URL
- The Save site as template action is not supported on this site error in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Save Site as Template option missing under Site Action Section in the Site Settings menu in SharePoint 2010/2013/2016/Online
- Sorry this site hasn’t been shared with you while save list as template in SharePoint 2013/2016
Hope this SharePoint tutorial helps, how to solve error Sorry, something went wrong. Sorry, this site can’t be saved as a template. It contains apps that don’t work in templates which comes while trying to save site as a template in SharePoint.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)